Odds are if you’ve stumbled across this post it’s because you’re running into the same issue I had: your docker-backed services are using the wrong IP in Consul-Template. Assuming your workflow looks like this: Commit code change CI server triggers a docker image build Image is pushed to registry and API call is made to Marathon to deploy application Marathon deploys the docker container with bridged networking, assigns it a random IP Registrator detects the new container and registers the service with Consul Consul template picks up the new container and should add another host to the HAProxy config Oh shit, it doesn’t work :( I’m guessing step 6 is where the wheels come off for you.
Simple walkthrough describing the installation process of Sentry on Ubuntu 14.04
Perhaps the most frustrating thing about vCenter 6 is the hard 8GB of RAM requirement to simply install the application on a Windows server. To a lot of people, including myself, carving out 8GB of RAM VM in a home lab just to run vCenter for a host or two is a big ask. But beyond that, even if you’re using a physical computer that has exactly 8GB of installed RAM, if any of that RAM goes to an integrated video card, and thus doesn’t appear available to Windows, you’ll be blocked from running the VCenter installer as your system will have slightly less than a full 8GB of RAM.
The problem After getting my Ubuntu 15.04 desktop setup I noticed Chrome/Firefox was unable to properly resolve my local domain (*.home.local). For example, when trying to view the vCenter web interface at https://vc.home.local, or trying to SSH into my PostgreSQL development box postgres-dev-01.home.local I’d just get ssh: Could not resolve hostname exit: Temporary failure in name resolution. This was made especially odd since an nslookup was able to resolve everything just fine:
This script, as well as similar scripts can be found on the internet but I tend to keep losing the pages that have it. So for my own archival reasons, as well as making it a little easier for others to find, here it is. This script uses winrar to recursively extract rar archives. This is very useful if you legally download seasons of shows and don’t want to extract each episode one by one.
This was originally posted on my old blog back in 2010ish, restored it here for archival purposes. Recently I changed the software the imaging server at work uses from Clonezilla to FOG. There were many reasons for the change such as a better web interface, image deployment queue, etc however one of the main things I was looking forward to was storage nodes which allows for distribution of images across multiple servers to extend storage.